Week 1 Patch 1.03 is Live - SCEA / NA

17-BIT_rAj

Week 1 Patch 1.03 is Live - SCEA / NA

Postby 17-BIT_rAj » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Here are the build improvements you'll find in Patch 1.03 which just went live for SCEA / the Americas. Thanks for all of your continued feedback and support! :D

-=Performance / Stability=-
+ Performance improvements to missiles, explosions and most enemy units
+ Potential fix for corrupted save data when a crash occurs after completing a level
+ Potential fix for periodic hitching

-=Audio=-
+ Reduced frequency of combat barks
+ Add SFX Volume slider
+ Various fixes for audio being cut short and repeating or misplaced dialogue

-=Gameplay=-
+ Potential fix for grapple issues with Mech
+ Potential fix for White Tusk never dying
+ Increase transform speed by 50% and queue up input during transformation
+ Fix issues with pickups disappearing or being unobtainable
+ Add confirmation prompt when starting a new Season if resume data exists
+ Fix Reaper mission being unfinishable when in Recovery mode
+ Fix 'Ayatolla of Rock-N-Rolla' trophy being unobtainable (SCEA)
+ Fix 'Can't Touch This' trophy being awarded incorrectly (SCEE)

-=Visuals=-
+ Fix z-fighting on space junk
+ Add missing movie subtitles

Wagruk

Re: Week 1 Patch 1.03 is Live - SCEA / NA

Postby Wagruk » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:57 am

Thanks for the quick patch, guys! I'm usually not active on games' forums, but there's something about this game, man. I guess I'll be in for the long haul. I'm gonna test this patch now, but the change list seems very good.

"+ Increase transform speed by 50% and queue up input during transformation"

This sounds amazing, can't wait to try it out!

CapnDash

Postby CapnDash » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi, new to the forums. I created an account just to bring this issue to your attention.

I bought Galak-Z on Saturday morning 08/08. I did the patch update 1.03 around 10 PM EST that night, and the game up until that point was working fine. Stopped playing around 12:30 AM that night and began playing again around 1:00 PM the next day, and that's when the problems started. After about an hour of continuous play, I started to notice that the game would briefly freeze for a split second between actions in combat. Then around 5:15 PM, I re-started another play-through of Season 1, entered Crash's shop in the middle of a mission, and the game inexplicably ceased all operations, then said it had suffered an error. I reported the error to PSN, and have been unable to get back into the game since. Every time I try to load the game, it says that my data is corrupted, and upon displaying the the message, the home screen for the game fades to black and never goes beyond that point. The thought has crossed my mind to uninstall and reinstall the game, but I'm hesitant to do so if the end result would just be a repeat of the error prompting me to uninstall the game yet again.

lemur98

Postby lemur98 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:32 pm

Hey Team,

First got to say I love the game its AWESOME!

I noticed an issue that appeared to crop up after the last patch was installed. When fighting enemies in robot configuration and using grapple to grab and release enemies I noted that the controls lost functionality. I would be unable to grapple, use shield, or transform to fighter mode. Normal propulsion and boost continued to work however. This happened several times during the second season on multiple maps.

System: PS4

Steps to Repro:
1. While in Robot mode combat bring up Shield and Charge sword.
2. Release sword attack on enemy
3. Attempt to grapple and attack enemy while grappled
4. Release enemy
5. Attempt to regrapple the enemy

Results: Notice that the user is now unable to engage either the grapple, shield or boost. Only way to fix is to die or exit to main menu and restart level.

17-BIT_Zach

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:53 pm

CapnDash wrote:Hi, new to the forums. I created an account just to bring this issue to your attention.

I bought Galak-Z on Saturday morning 08/08. I did the patch update 1.03 around 10 PM EST that night, and the game up until that point was working fine. Stopped playing around 12:30 AM that night and began playing again around 1:00 PM the next day, and that's when the problems started. After about an hour of continuous play, I started to notice that the game would briefly freeze for a split second between actions in combat. Then around 5:15 PM, I re-started another play-through of Season 1, entered Crash's shop in the middle of a mission, and the game inexplicably ceased all operations, then said it had suffered an error. I reported the error to PSN, and have been unable to get back into the game since. Every time I try to load the game, it says that my data is corrupted, and upon displaying the the message, the home screen for the game fades to black and never goes beyond that point. The thought has crossed my mind to uninstall and reinstall the game, but I'm hesitant to do so if the end result would just be a repeat of the error prompting me to uninstall the game yet again.

Hey CapnDash,

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that we've identified the source of the hitching, were able to reproduce it locally, fixed it and haven't seen it on our end during the last two days of testing. It only occurred in Space Hulk levels, in Season 2 and beyond. Do you remember if you were in a Space Hulk level when the hitching first started?

The bad news is that it sounds like your save data is corrupted and that's not something we've been able to recover from. In patch 1.03 we put in some safeguards to prevent corruption that could occur during end-of-level crashes, but I'm afraid the crash you described (in the middle of the level/shop) is much, much rarer and we do not currently have a fix for it. You most likely will have to delete the corrupted save file and start over. I'm really very, very sorry about that.

I'm still trying to gather information about the crash you described since we've never seen that on our end and only one or two other people who have bought the game have reported something similar. Do you mind sharing your HDD's capacity and how much free space it has right now?

17-BIT_Zach

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:55 pm

lemur98 wrote:Hey Team,

First got to say I love the game its AWESOME!

I noticed an issue that appeared to crop up after the last patch was installed. When fighting enemies in robot configuration and using grapple to grab and release enemies I noted that the controls lost functionality. I would be unable to grapple, use shield, or transform to fighter mode. Normal propulsion and boost continued to work however. This happened several times during the second season on multiple maps.

System: PS4

Steps to Repro:
1. While in Robot mode combat bring up Shield and Charge sword.
2. Release sword attack on enemy
3. Attempt to grapple and attack enemy while grappled
4. Release enemy
5. Attempt to regrapple the enemy

Results: Notice that the user is now unable to engage either the grapple, shield or boost. Only way to fix is to die or exit to main menu and restart level.

Hey lemur98,

Thank you for the kind words! Really glad to hear that you've been digging it :)

We did manage to reproduce the input locking issue just the other day and have issued a fix for it already. That fix, along with a few other performance/stability improvements, are in a patch that's going through certification in the next few days. The new patch should be live early next week, maybe even as soon as this weekend, depending on how certification goes.

Sorry for the trouble it caused you and thanks for sticking with it!

Return to “Technical Issues and Assistance”