Unwanted Grapple Chaining!

BrokenRobot

Unwanted Grapple Chaining!

Postby BrokenRobot » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:48 am

I do not think this is a bug because this has lasted since day one through all of the patches and the many times I've restarted the game/console.

Whenever I launch someone with my grapple hand while boosting, no matter what I do A-TAK persists on reaching the grapple out again. No matter what button I press.

If I launch someone and immediately press the shield button - I grapple again.
    If I launch someone and hold down the boost - I grapple again.
    If I launch someone and hold down the fire button - I grapple again.

This has caused me to lose many battles for no fault of my own. It seems that no matter what I do, whatever button I press after launching a captured enemy I will shoot out my grapple again in whatever direction A-TAK is facing.

To replicate my problem: try grabbing an enemy with your grapple. Now hold down R1 (boost) while you are holding him then throw him away by tapping circle. The very moment the enemy is launched (while still holding down boost) press down either the square button or the X button to either shield or fire. You will find that A-TAK ignores the input and will grapple again.

The only solution I found is to play slower. I have to release all the buttons on my controller when I launch an enemy and wait a split second before I can touch the buttons again. This is not a big deal in the earlier seasons, but in the latter seasons twitch reactions are a MUST and I need to boost or throw my shield up as soon as I toss a baddie!

My question is, is this meant to happen? Am I supposed to chain grapple my enemies? Because that isn't the playstyle that I like when going with the mech. Also, am I the only one that seems to have this problem?

17-BIT_Zach

Re: Unwanted Grapple Chaining!

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Hey BrokenRobot,

Really sorry for the late reply! We've tried to reproduce the issue you've described but no one's been able to do so. We've also never heard of this issue from any other player, so I'm kind of at a loss!

Is there any chance at all that there's some issue with your controller? Have you tried another DualShock controller to see if the issue persists? It's definitely not how the game is supposed to function and I can see why it would be so frustrating.

Let me know if there's any other way I can help!

BrokenRobot

Postby BrokenRobot » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:55 pm

Don't worry. I found the issue.

If I press circle twice when I am throwing an object/enemy.. I will always grapple again right after.

If there was a way to delay inputs until the animation is finished then it would be a lot easier. The twitch delay between pressing circle and actrually seeing A-TAK throw the enemy is rather long so often I press the circle button again to confirm.. This leads to unwanted chain grappling.

17-BIT_Zach

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:05 am

Ah, great! Glad you got it figured out :)

Return to “Technical Issues and Assistance”