Known Issues

17-BIT_Zach

Known Issues

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Known Issues - v1.02

• Mech grapple ability is sometimes unavailable
    Info: In some situations, it's possible to lock up the mech's grapple ability, which can render certain missions (anything that requires grabbing an object) incompletable. As a progress-wiping bug, fixing this is our highest priority.
    Workaround: At present, the only fix is to return to the title screen via the options menu or by dying.

• Game sometimes crashes in between missions, corrupting save data
    Info: The crash occurs most frequently after completing a level, before the mission complete screen. This particular crash is due to a bug in the Unity engine that was addressed post-launch. We intend to update to the newest available version of Unity as soon as we're able to.

Previously, we thought that this crash did not corrupt save data but after extensive testing 'in the wild', we've had multiple reports of corrupted save data following the crash. We have since put in extra safeguards to ensure that any pending file I/O completes before transitioning out of the level, to prevent save data corruption.
    Workaround: N/A

• Constant hitching after enemy deaths
    Info: In certain situations, the game may begin exhibiting frequent and significant hitching after combat with a group of enemies. The cause is still unknown, but a very simple workaround exists.
    Workaround: Pause the game, by opening the level map or the options menu, then return to the game.

• Enemy and player barks are too frequent
    Info: Post-fix, the frequency of combat chatter will be reduced. Yes, especially 'Ka-chiiing!' and 'Space bucks!'.

• Voice clips do not resume after pausing the game
    Info: Anytime the game is paused, via the level map or the options menu, any dialogue clips that were playing are cut short when the game is unpaused.

• Enemy barks sometimes play while loading the next level
    Info: N/A

• Voice clips are sometimes cut short
    Info: During normal play mode, dialogue clips are sometimes clipped by up to a full second. This appears to be an issue when playing Galak-Z on full or heavily fragmented HDDs.
    Workaround: Deleting unused content from your PS4 HDD will reduce and/or eliminate audio clipping. A proper fix will ship in a future patch.

• Frame rate drops in heavy combat
    Info: There are a variety of issues that lead to poor performance in heavy combat. Unfortunately, there is no single fix that magically increases the framerate. This is a multi-faceted issue that we will be continuing to improve in all future patches.

• Cannot progress past opening movie
    Info: Some users have reported the game hanging on a black screen after the opening splash movie has finished playing. We've been unable to identify the root cause of this, but it seems to be related to actively downloading other games/updates while playing Galak-Z.
    Workaround: If you have any active downloads, try pausing them and restarting Galak-Z.

• 'Ayatolla of Rock-N-Rolla' trophy is not unlockable
    Info: Defeating the Raider King does not give you the Ayatolla of Rock-N-Rolla trophy.

whur

Re: Known Issues

Postby whur » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Signed up for forums for you at your request.

Game crashed to xmb and corrupted my save data, sadly I had no backup from the cloud because of perpetual lack of online storage (thanks sony)

Things I know:

I had pulled the game out of rest, not sure if I pulled the season out of rest, it's possible

Crashed at 1-4 end of mission

I believe I had every upgrade possible at the current game time but was opting for the smaller spread upgrade

Not sure if these numbers matter to you but who knows, had over 1500 currency and maybe 8 coins

I also submitted the error report with video of course so that's there somewhere on your end. Somewhere around noon PST.

If you need anything else let me know

Stumbles

Postby Stumbles » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:51 am

Love the game but I didn't see this bug on your known issues list.
I have seen enemies stuck in the walls of levels where they seem to glitch out with excessive twitching animations.

Just an FYI

17-BIT_Zach

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:18 pm

whur wrote:Signed up for forums for you at your request.

Game crashed to xmb and corrupted my save data, sadly I had no backup from the cloud because of perpetual lack of online storage (thanks sony)

Things I know:

I had pulled the game out of rest, not sure if I pulled the season out of rest, it's possible

Crashed at 1-4 end of mission

I believe I had every upgrade possible at the current game time but was opting for the smaller spread upgrade

Not sure if these numbers matter to you but who knows, had over 1500 currency and maybe 8 coins

I also submitted the error report with video of course so that's there somewhere on your end. Somewhere around noon PST.

If you need anything else let me know

Thanks for the details on the bug report! I'm sorry you lost your progress :(

We have a patch going through Sony's cert process right now. One of the big ticket items in the patch is a potential fix for save data corruption when leaving a level. We're now waiting until save data has fully finished writing to the HDD before leaving the level which should prevent any save data loss.

17-BIT_Zach

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:19 pm

Stumbles wrote:Love the game but I didn't see this bug on your known issues list.
I have seen enemies stuck in the walls of levels where they seem to glitch out with excessive twitching animations.

Just an FYI

We've seen this as well but have been unable to reproduce and fix it. Do you happen to recall if the enemies you've seen in walls are only bugs or have there also been Imperial/Void Raider units stuck in walls as well?

theologians

Postby theologians » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:29 pm

17-BIT_Zach wrote:
We've seen this as well but have been unable to reproduce and fix it. Do you happen to recall if the enemies you've seen in walls are only bugs or have there also been Imperial/Void Raider units stuck in walls as well?

I have seen a void raider stuck in the wall once. It was a rhino. Haven't yet seen an imperial stuck. Sound would trigger a yellow alert state.

KTallguy

Postby KTallguy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:07 pm

I'm on PS4 with 1.03 and I'm still regularly getting issues where functionality of my ship permanently disables.

I've had several instances where my mech arm refuses to work.

I've also had one or two instances where all functions except movement, pause and map don't work. This happened on a recovery mission. I was stuck in mech mode with only move, boost and thrust. I could reach and attempt to activate the warp point but was unable to escape before getting destroyed.

I'm really loving the game but the glitches are frustrating. Thanks for continuing to work on them.

ogto

Postby ogto » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:24 pm

i just had an amazing run in season 3, and it seemed like crash wasn't refreshing his shop. maybe he would add something each time, but by the end of the season i cleaned him out, and had pleeenty of cash to spare. had like 6 health and 5 shield by the end. not sure how his rotation works or if that was a bug. but i finished the season with 10 coins so good on me!

17-BIT_Zach

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:41 pm

KTallguy wrote:I'm on PS4 with 1.03 and I'm still regularly getting issues where functionality of my ship permanently disables.

I've had several instances where my mech arm refuses to work.

I've also had one or two instances where all functions except movement, pause and map don't work. This happened on a recovery mission. I was stuck in mech mode with only move, boost and thrust. I could reach and attempt to activate the warp point but was unable to escape before getting destroyed.

I'm really loving the game but the glitches are frustrating. Thanks for continuing to work on them.

Hey KTallguy,

I'm very happy to report that we pinpointed the issue with input breaking and will be issuing a fix in the next patch, which is going through certification in the next couple of days. Should be live by Monday or maybe even this weekend, depending on the turnaround time.

If it helps at all, the error will occur when you try to grapple an explosive barrel/crate as the mech and then cancel out of the grapple early. If you can avoid doing that until the patch is live, it shouldn't happen again. This patch will also address the intermittent hitching that sometimes occurs in Space Hulk levels.

17-BIT_Zach

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:42 pm

ogto wrote:i just had an amazing run in season 3, and it seemed like crash wasn't refreshing his shop. maybe he would add something each time, but by the end of the season i cleaned him out, and had pleeenty of cash to spare. had like 6 health and 5 shield by the end. not sure how his rotation works or if that was a bug. but i finished the season with 10 coins so good on me!

That's interesting! Did you reach Season 3 relatively quickly? If you're advancing faster than you're unlocking blueprints, I would expect to see a sparsely populated shop - blueprints are what dictate items appearing in Crash's Stash.

Return to “Technical Issues and Assistance”