Difficulty mode and/or save progress features.

n0ggie

Difficulty mode and/or save progress features.

Postby n0ggie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:25 am

First of all I love this game. I bought it on day one. I love all it stands for, the retro connection, its looks and gameplay, it's a true masterpiece. My one problem is I find it too hard. I haven't made any progress at all, zip! I like to play games in short bursts. I don't sit for hours in front of the console. So I would like to make a suggestion that could there be some difficulty mode be added (eg - Easy, haha!) I'm constantly grinding the season 1 levels and just can't make it past 1-4. Or another suggestion would be to add some way of saving the game to be picked up at a later date. Thank you.

GreedPhantom

Re: Difficulty mode and/or save progress features.

Postby GreedPhantom » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:47 am

Hi !

If you want i can help you to get better. Here's some tips (i finished the game btw) :

- No rush ! If you start the game for the 1st time, you have to be careful and avoid enemies at all cost ! (Excluding boss)

- search for upgrades first, TOP priority ! (there is a sonar sound when you're close to it)

- when you can't avoid an enemy, try the circular move (L1) and shoot at the same time and use the dodge action (◼️) as many time possible (try to learn the moves of the enemy) --> only applied for season 1 and for the 1st time you play.

- try to not waste your money in lives or shield. But buy +15% speed and +33% boost first. Trust me it helps a lot to run faster and longer.

Finally, for the 1-5 episode. I'll let you reach it first. If you can't finish it. Ask me, i'll help you.

Hope it help see ya !

Greed out.

n0ggie

Postby n0ggie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:52 am

Great tips indeed. I think you have hit the nail on the head with the way I'm playing it. I am diving in and trying to attack everything and not really being stealthy. I certainly will heed your advice and thank you. I hope to bring good news next time we speak.

17-BIT_Zach

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:09 pm

n0ggie wrote:Great tips indeed. I think you have hit the nail on the head with the way I'm playing it. I am diving in and trying to attack everything and not really being stealthy. I certainly will heed your advice and thank you. I hope to bring good news next time we speak.

Hey n0ggie,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game but I understand the frustrations of the difficulty ramp up. This could have been communicated more clearly from the start, but are you aware that you can quit the game safely in between episodes? Your progress is automatically saved when you're in the Axelios mothership, so if you quit to the title screen from there (or just close the game using the PS button) you'll pick up from that same season/episode the next time you return. That way you can squeeze in a quick (ok, 'quick' is still more like 6-12 minutes, but still!) session by just playing one episode at a time and quitting whenever you get tired.

n0ggie

Postby n0ggie » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Thanks Zach, I didn't know about the save feature. I do feel a bit silly about how I was playing this game in the first few days of having it. All is lookin' good now since I got the tips from Greed. Back in the Axelios & about to do 1-5 at another time. (This is a retry with 5 crash coins though, haha!) Thanks again for the info folks. One happy customer here! :D

GreedPhantom

Postby GreedPhantom » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:08 am

n0ggie wrote:Thanks Zach, I didn't know about the save feature. I do feel a bit silly about how I was playing this game in the first few days of having it. All is lookin' good now since I got the tips from Greed. Back in the Axelios & about to do 1-5 at another time. (This is a retry with 5 crash coins though, haha!) Thanks again for the info folks. One happy customer here! :D

Glad you're enjoying the game man ! Keep us in touch, i want to see your reaction about the next seasons !

Return to “Technical Issues and Assistance”