Game ate my save

ogto

Game ate my save

Postby ogto » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:14 pm

just wanted to report a eaten save game. i think i was on mission 2-3, in the ship. i entered the shop, bought +1 life, but then canceled out. i exited to main menu, then put the ps4 into rest mode. when i turned the ps4 back on and entered the game, no resume game was available.

other than that and the random framerate drops, game is great

17-BIT_Zach

Re: Game ate my save

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Hi ogto,

Thanks for the bug report! We've heard reports about corrupted save data because of a crash that sometimes occurs at the end of the level, but this is the first I've heard of save data getting corrupted in this manner.

Are you positive you quit from the Mothership and that you weren't in the shop mid-mission? It's possible this is somehow related to rest mode, which makes it a little more difficult to pin down - maybe it somehow went into rest mode in the middle of saving and wasn't able to finish writing the data?

Unfortunately, without steps to reproduce the error it's difficult to fix, but I'll add it to our list and keep an eye out for it.

ogto

Postby ogto » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:18 am

wasn't expecting a fix, more of a heads up that i had this issue. im not really 100% sure of what i did, cause i left the game and went back to it. but if i recall i did do this: between missions go into the shop, bought 1 upgrade, exit out of shop back to map screen, then options, back to title then put the ps4 into rest mode. it's possible i put it into rest mode while on the deck of the ship, but i cant be sure, but i'm 100% sure i was on deck cause i wasn't sure when it would hardsave. i thought at most i'd have to rebuy that one upgrade.

but anyway, that's the tragic story of my lost run. i have some nuanced issues with the game, but overall fun stuff, well done and good luck with patches and so on.

17-BIT_Zach

Postby 17-BIT_Zach » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:57 pm

ogto wrote:wasn't expecting a fix, more of a heads up that i had this issue. im not really 100% sure of what i did, cause i left the game and went back to it. but if i recall i did do this: between missions go into the shop, bought 1 upgrade, exit out of shop back to map screen, then options, back to title then put the ps4 into rest mode. it's possible i put it into rest mode while on the deck of the ship, but i cant be sure, but i'm 100% sure i was on deck cause i wasn't sure when it would hardsave. i thought at most i'd have to rebuy that one upgrade.

but anyway, that's the tragic story of my lost run. i have some nuanced issues with the game, but overall fun stuff, well done and good luck with patches and so on.

The information you provided is very helpful; thank you! Now that we've addressed the worst of the progress-losing bugs, this is the next thing on my plate. Going to try and take a deeper look at it today in hopes of including a fix in the next patch, which should go live early next week or maybe even this weekend if there aren't any hangups in the certification process.

Cheers!

Return to “Technical Issues and Assistance”