~~sigh~~ Seems they took the lazy route to increasing enemy difficulty.

Ulterior

~~sigh~~ Seems they took the lazy route to increasing enemy difficulty.

Postby Ulterior » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:23 pm

On the third Season now, and I can't help but notice that instead of changing up the enemies, they just reskinned existing enemies, and then gave them a buff in their shields, health, and attack.

And also I expected a new type of area, as season one had the asteroids, then season two introduced space hulks, each with their own hazards, when season three came along I expected another new type of environment......but instead, similar to reskinned enemies with buffed stats, it was simply a Asteroid with a Space Hulk interior.

I feel really disappointed with the third Season, with the enemies not made more difficult through interesting means, but rather just beefing them up and throwing on a fresh paint job. And with the new area just being a Space Hulk with a rocky exterior.

Is there a new environment with new aspects to it in Season 4? Or just more of the same?

Wagruk

Re: ~~sigh~~ Seems they took the lazy route to increasing enemy difficulty.

Postby Wagruk » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Don't know if it's true or not, but the enemy AI seems to be much more aggressive in later seasons, specially the 4th one. And there seems to be one or two new ship classes every season (there's a big blue ship from the imperials that fires a big green ray, for instance, on season 3/4).

FuriousJodo

Postby FuriousJodo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Enemies definitely seem more aggressive and threatening in the later seasons. You face more Veteran enemies that although they are buffed also behave differently than their less powerful versions.

shmup_fan5

Postby shmup_fan5 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:13 am

I agree with Ulterior, I'm feeling the same about the environments, and the the slightly beefed up cluster battles. Perhaps if there were a bit more variation... and I'm already on season 4. Don't get me wrong.. this game has the mechanics down... just wish there were more variation (more to look at) .

Ps. Maybe a longer lasting turbo so there's no pause in between boosts... a bit annoying when flying to the next cluster battle

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”